- 10 October 2017
Wendy's Middle East takes home three awards at the Global Wendy's Convention
Kuwait – 10 October 2017: Wendy's Middle East was recognized with three prestigious awards at the annual Global Wendy's Convention, held in Las Vegas, Nevada last month. The Convention brings together all system franchisees every other year.
Wendy's Middle East, operated by Alghanim Industries, one of the largest privately-owned companies in the region, collected two coveted International Golden Grill Awards for the best freestanding opening for the restaurant in Kuwait (Blajat Street, Salmiya) and the best Overall Customer Satisfaction score. In addition, the team also won The Wendy Award for the best international franchise operations.
Phil Broad, Vice President of Food & Beverage at Alghanim Industries, who received the awards on behalf of the company, commented: "One common value between Alghanim Industries and Wendy's is our relentless focus on quality across our brands. We are absolutely thrilled to have won these three awards and to be recognized for our commitment to uphold Wendy's global standards. Our team works hard to delight every customer with the best restaurant, take-out and delivery experience. We continuously strive to achieve and exceed Wendy's global standards and to be the best international franchise operator."
In winning The International Wendy Award, Wendy's Middle East was selected from a diverse group of international franchisees. To win this award, the franchise must show continuous dedication to the use of Wendy's operational systems and a commitment to re-investment that results in high sales and customer growth.
"We are proud of Alghanim Industries' accomplishments within the Wendy's system. These awards recognize their dedication to operational excellence and new development. Alghanim Industries continues to be a great partner and we look forward to what the future holds for Wendy's Middle East." said John Pain, Managing Director & Vice President for The Wendy's Company.
All meals from Wendy's Middle East are made with quality ingredients, served freshly made for you. Wendy's lettuce and fresh tomatoes are locally sourced, and its hamburgers are sourced from 100% Halal Australian Angus Beef. For more information about Wendy's visit www.wendysme.com
About The Wendy’s Company:
- Wendy’s Middle East was acquired by Alghanim Industries in February 2015 in a MENA-wide Master Franchise agreement.
- Wendy’s offers an exceptional range of high-quality menu choices under one roof.
- Wendy’s brings a fast-casual dining experience and quality ingredients, more product variety, and better service with competitive fast food prices, with fresh, made-to-order menu items as an alternative to traditional fast food; providing customers a better experience of a great tasting meal, hot off the grill.
- Dave Thomas, Wendy’s founder, opened the first outlet way back in 1969 in Ohio, USA. He knew that his old fashion high-quality food would go places. And so it did! Over time, quality has become synonymous with Wendy’s
- Wendy’s is the third largest hamburger restaurant chain in the world
- Wendy's first store in UAE was opened May, 2010 and now it has 17 locations in UAE
- Wendy’s only uses 100% halal Australian Angus beef in all its hamburgers
About Alghanim Industries
Alghanim Industries is one of the oldest and largest, privately-owned companies in the MENA region. Founded at the turn of the century, in Kuwait, the company today employs more than 15,000 people in 30 businesses across 40 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Alghanim Industries is a market leader in almost every major sector of its operations, which include: engineering, retail, automotive sales and service, insulation and pre-engineered steel building structures, logistics and warehousing, fast moving consumer goods, food & beverage, oil & gas, office automation, advertising, insurance, consumer credit and travel. The company is actively growing its brand portfolio, with a focus on top-tier global partners. Among them: Avis, British Airways, British Petroleum, Cathay Pacific, Daewoo, Honda, Saint-Gobain and Toshiba. Additionally, Alghanim Industries has created a number of successful regional businesses, including X-cite (consumer electronics), and Safat Home (lifestyle and home furniture).